Top Posts & Pages
Copyright© Cathy Scott and curlingupwithGod.wordpress.com . Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cathy Scott and curlingupwithGod.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
What did I miss?
- 3 of 5 stars to An Igniting Attraction by Stef Ann Holm goodreads.com/review/show/25… 9 months ago
- This Should Be Interesting/ Juggling Cancer Meds deepcleansingbreaths.blog/2019/02/26/thi… https://t.co/Jl7UOwyozq 9 months ago
- Forever and ever/ One or Two Evers? curlingupwithgod.com/2019/01/03/for… https://t.co/GjR5ndJ9KK 11 months ago
- A Scary Time youtu.be/N34hehRgw9g via @YouTube 1 year ago
- 5 of 5 stars to Flowers in the Snow by Danielle Stewart goodreads.com/review/show/25… 1 year ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Dark Citadel by Michael Wallace goodreads.com/review/show/18… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: The Lord’s Prayer
Song dedicated to Charles Deogratias
Our Father, mighty God, king of heaven and glory
My father, awesome God, sitting right here beside me.
You rule over all the world with justice, love and forgiveness.
May we all sing of your greatness and speak your name with wonder.
Lord I pray for your great kingdom here on earth as in heaven.
Help me, Lord, not to question your plan and purposes for me.
Lord send me, from your bounty, food for me and my family.
Not all we wish but what we need and keep our eye from tomorrow.
Please forgive that I have sinned and hurt the people around me,
When through your help I forgive the ones who’ve hurt me and love them.
For tomorrow, please protect me, from giving in to temptation.
Shield me from the evil one who works to separate me from you.
For your kingdom and your power and glory are forever,
Not just my life, nor the past, bur for time beyond all, Amen.
I wrote this version of The Lord’s Prayer in 2004 after an inspiring series of sermons on the prayer by my good friend The Rev. Charles Deogratias who is a chaplain with the Canadian Forces ordained by the Presbyterian Church in Canada.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors. *
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
the power and the glory,
The Jesus Prayer
Lord Jesus Christ
Have mercy on me.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
* this line has various versions and many churches use the words, “forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us” and the more modern version uses, “forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.”